codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! This award-winning app has been downloaded and played by over 4 million kids in 201 countries.
codeSpark Academy teaches the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* New content every month.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles and you can cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and its easy to experiment." - Childrens Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Association of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching and Learning
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our creative space Foo Studio allows kids to put programming concepts to work by making video games and programming interactive stories. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try for free. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time. Subscription is $7.99/month.
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the users Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.